This recipe is a delicious and hearty Afghan meatball noodle soup that is perfect anytime of the year, especially for Ramadan!
- 6 oz (Half Pack) of noodles (prefferably thin Chinese style)
- 2 small onions (diced into small cubes)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of small mix frozen vegetables
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 can of drained mixed beans (or plain red kidney beans)
- 1/2 pound of ground beef (flavored with some salt, powdered coriander, black pepper, 1 finely chopped onion, finely chopped cilantro, diced (de-seeded) tomato, and 2 cloves garlic)
- 1 handful of fresh finely chopped cilantro
- 8 cups of water
- 4 Table spoon of oil
- (Spices) - 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, black pepper, oregano, and basil
- In a pot/pressure cooker, sautay your onions and garlic in oil until golden brown.
- Add your tomato paste
- Add 8 cups of water (or fill pot till midway)
- While it comes to boil, make small round balls from your flavored ground meat
- Place the meat balls into the boiling liquid
- Add spices and cover lid
- Cook for about 20 minutes with a pressure cooker, or 45 minutes in a regular pot - so meat cooks thoroughly
- After - Add your frozen vegetables, beans and noodles, and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Your soup is ready
.... Best served with a dallop of plain yogurt and lemon juice....